Monday, October 4, 2010

If life gives you cornbread, make French toast

Most Sunday nights, these days, I eat dinner at my parents' house. The benefits are two-fold; I get a free meal and they usually send me home with items from their refrigerator that either, they are not going to eat or about to spoil (or have spoiled). This past weekend, my mother made fat free cornbread, a lot of it. My dad has an aversion to it, for some reason (I think any attempt at making southern food 'healthy', makes his brain explode) and my mom, just plain wasn't going to eat a pound of cornbread. So, they dumped it on me. I tried a million ways to vary it, slightly, and this one turned out the best. So, in celebration of Auburn's 52-3 victory over LaMonroe, this weekend, I give you:
War Eagle French Cornbread
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 tablespoons OJ
A couple dashes of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
Top with syrup, orange slices, and cinnamon
(adapted from the War Eagle Mill website: http://www.wareaglemill.com/hidden/recipe.php?r_id=214)

If you find yourself with some leftover cornbread, you should give this one a try. Cam suggests you wash it all down with some 'JUICE!'.


No comments:

Post a Comment